09 de febrer, 2016

Pink chewing gum

The very same moment I saw Mia, I knew I had lost the game. There was this otherworldly aura around her that made me feel uncomfortable and slightly excited. She wasn't even looking at me. I'm pretty sure she hadn't noticed me during the whole trip. But I couldn't stop looking at her, like an amazed child that looks at colorful and noisy fireworks. Mia was reading on the train. Mia had earphones on. Mia was popping her pink chewing gum like a bored teenager.
 I said hello and she pierced my soul with deep green eyes. Oh, what a loss. I was a lost, lost man. I should've never done that. 
 But it wasn't her who made me lose. She was the one that made me realize how lost I was the moment my eyes laid on herself. It may sound a little bit insane.
 I met Mia again two days after. We were not sitting on a train, waiting for it to leave us to our destinations. She was working and I was walking down the street. Mia was a waitress at a petite café in Lilac Square. I sat and ordered a cup of green tea. Green like her eyes. Since then, I started drinking tea every morning.
 I found myself in between her ginger hair. I found myself in her laugh. In her freckles. In her favourite books. In her bed. In her madness when she couldn't find the keys, or in her way of never talking about herself. I found myself in her red nail polish, in her summer dresses. Her voice when she sang along with the radio. Her way of driving my car, how she looked at the clouds, her rain boots. Her love letters, her sad letters, her tears. I found myself in Mia's loss.
 And you may think she broke my heart. In fact, she broke something. She broke the ground on which I was walking. She broke my scheduled routine, the monotonous rhythm I was constantly following. She grabbed my emotions and chewed them like the pink gum she loved. She popped my life. 
 Even though the months we spent together, I never discovered who Mia was. And once she found me, she lost herself. 
 And I knew that I wasn't the one that had to find her.

But I surely know that I would lose myself to make her find me again.